regarding software for linux!!

There is a definite need  for a Linux software repositary.Is it
possible for ilugc/any members to maintain a mirror-site to make life
easier for luggites (especially with low-bandwidth connections). Another
possibility is that we at ilugc maintain a library of CD-ROMs. Members can
barrow the CDs by making a deposit worth the media cost (around 100/- i
guess, correct me if i'm wrong).This will be much useful for lots of
home-Linux users without Internet connections as well. Please bear with
this long message.

bhaskar