A few questions

Dear chennailug-ites,

I have these two problems to pose. Please give me a solution:

1. How do I kill a process that has gone into an UNINTERRUPTABLE SLEEP
(without rebooting, of course).

2. Local partitions are not mounting automatically on boot up. root gets
mounted - that's all. If I use fstool (from X), it reports the size of all
file systems to be 83 (which is supposed to be the partition tye) and the
partition type as unknown. Linuxconf, however, reports everything
properly. Right now, I have a script in rc3.d which is executed right at
the beginning, that mounts the local partitions. My guess is that fstab
has some problems. Please clarify.

Thanks.

Prasanna
root@civil.