RE: Internal pci bus hub.

(a) I have read somewhere that you can use CAt5 cables (with RJ45) up to 300
feet. That will make it 90 meters. So 45 meters should not be a problem.
(b) That a 8 port external hub costs Rs 2100 may not mean that internal PCI
bus will be cheaper. Is there any reason you want this specific model?
(c) I am not sure about OpenBSD, but based on my experience, Linux should
work with most of the commonly available network cards in India. Most of
them are NE2000  clones. You might have problem wihth older model ISA cards
though.

-Krishnan.