Re: [New Suggestion] Re: please take it seriously to make our team hea

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Mehul Jhaveri wrote:

dmotors> Sir,
dmotors>
dmotors> I want to say that we should make a message board system like netmeeting
dmotors> have.
dmotors>
dmotors> Can we do it.
dmotors>
dmotors> Also, I have one Idea of more publicity of Linux.
dmotors>

If a 'live chat' is what you are meaning, why not open a temporary IRC
channel (say ilugc or ilug) and meet there at a particular there after
announcing to the list? In fact, there are several Linux channels already
and if we announce it to other LUGs, we can have lot of people from
different cities (even US), rather than just Madras. Being one the Net,
restricting oneself to a geographical area for (technical) discussions
doesn't make sense, I feel....

Or ICQ....

I dont think except when the discussions have to be logged on the
(chennailug/ilugc) server, there is any need of a setup at the
(chennailug/ilugc) server side, and the clients only need to be setup
to talk to each other.

-
Oommen.