Linux Demo day.

Dear LUG members,

	A worldwide campaign is currently on the anvil to commemorate
the beginning of the Linus Torvalds' Linux project in the summer of
1991. It has been proposed that Linux User Groups all over hold Linux
Demo days where the man on the street is made aware of the fact that
an alternative exists.

	  There exists a detailed plan/offer from OS4 (c/o P. Asokan,
who has registered chennailug.org for us) to organise this event with
funding and support from Focus Infotech.  The idea is to set up an
exposition where exhibition panels bearing introductory explanatory
material will be displayed.  A few machines running a gamut of
software will be demo'ed. The event will be publicised - ads in
DQWeek, posters, banners on chennaionline.com.  The complete cost of
this operation has already been taken care of by OS4.  The event is
planned for the Sunday, 22nd Aug.

	Given that ILUGC has been active for a year, we feel that it
is appropriate that we participate in this initiative.  We need support
in the form of ideas and volunteers.

P. Asokan, R. Sriram (!= Dr. Sriram), K. Arun and Prabhu