toll free nos. from DOT

This is with ref. to Mr. Sudhakar Chandrasekhar's mail.

I believe the toll free nos. are regional as of now. That is, a toll free
number in Bombay cannot be dialled from Madras. If somebody has a toll
free no. in operation in B'bay, please tell me... I'll try dialling 022 -
1600 xxx yyy and see what happens.

The idea behind making a nation wide toll free service is really good and
that's what is being done in most countries today. But it's still far away
in india. But it should be done.

chennai telephones have done a bit of sprucing up their site and there is
some mention of these IN Services. see http://chennaitelephones.gov.in

regards
mani sridhar

p.s. : what about my query on how to see headers when viewing mail in pine
?
-ms