Re: Wierd RH 6.0 behaviour.

u> > 	What is lsof? never heard of it. You could use that utility
u> > 	called "fuser". Its great to find out who's using files in a
u> > 	filesystem and stuff.
u>
u> lsof a.k.a LiSt Open Files.
u>
u> $ /usr/sbin/lsof
	Doesn't come with the default installation? I don't have it on
	my box. Anyways, thank you!:-)

	I have had pretty messed up problems with an upgrade from RH
	5.0 to RH 6.0.

	1) Command Line editing in bash in the "vi" mode was somehow
	screwed up. It turned out to be a problem in the /etc/inputrc
	file.

	2) There was no localhost configured for my machine. This mean
	I couldn't telnet/ftp/ping into my box from itself. Had to
	manually enable it.

	3) The worst one was xterms did seemed to ignore the end of an
	X session and would hang about after I logged out. I used ot
	have 30-40 xterms piled up. I had to run through xterms change
	logs to find out that there was a major rework of xterms and I
	had got a bad version. I finally downloaded the sources from
	the maintainers site and compile it locally.

	4) I have also noted atleast one temporary kernel hang when
	using my serial port under gphoto. I suppose there was some
	tight loop in the kernel. Oh and gphoto dumped a 71MB core
	shortly after the kernel recovered!

	Now Arun comes up with his list. Has anyone else had problems
	when *upgrading* to RH 6.0?

u> COMMAND PID     USER   FD   TYPE     DEVICE  SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
u> bash    137 santhosh  cwd    DIR        3,9      2048 4033 /home/santhosh
u> bash    137 santhosh  rtd    DIR        3,2      1024    2 /
u> bash    137 santhosh  mem    REG        3,2    426980 1965 / (/dev/hda2)
u> bash    137 santhosh  mem    REG        3,2     45017 9450 /lib/ld-2.0.7.so
u>
u> --
u> saisanthosh
	Once again thanks for lsof. I used to fuser.
	veliath
u> ---
u> Send e-mail to 'ilugc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' with 'unsubscribe'
u> in either the subject or the body to unsubscribe from this list.
u>