Re: PAP auth

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Maneesh Bomb wrote:

bomb> Hi!!
bomb>
bomb> I'm unable to still connect to DishNet they are having NT servers and
bomb> follow PAP auth.
bomb>
bomb> I tried what i was doing with VSNL acct and it doesn't seem to work.
bomb>
bomb> I get LCP timeout, what is LCP and what could be the reason for LCP
bomb> timeout?
bomb>
bomb> - Maneesh
bomb>

Enable debug mode ('kdebug 1' in /etc/ppp/options) and see what you get in
the logs. This seems to be something specific to NT, if Dishnet has PAP
support.

Also, the username can be specifed as 'username' or 'username@servername'.
Try both of these.

LCP is Link Control Protocol - refer to 'man pppd' for details.

Regards,                                              Imagine Technologies
Oommen                                           16, Shaffee Mohammed Road
   				      	       	              Rutland Gate
eMail: oommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx			   Chennai 600 006
       oommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 					     INDIA
	   				   Voice: 91-44-8293565/66,8211733
                                            Fax : 91-44-8225341
   __   _
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a