Need help reg dual boot

Hi all,,
     I;ve two IDE disks ( 2 + 2 GB ) which i plan to have Windows Nt and
Linux dual boot,. I'm think of putting all the system files of both the O.S
in the first disk and the swap partitions and data & applications in the
Second one. How should i configure my boot.ini and LILO.conf
respectively..? If i install NT first ,.. while partitioning should i leave
the linux partition unformated or can i FAT format it. ..? I plan install
Red hat . If i want to boot NT via Linux how can this be done, or booting
via NT is only advisable..????? Pls help me in this regard..Its very urgent
. I'm keeping my H/W unengaged b'coz of this.

Regards,
V.K. Sathish Kumar