Re: (no subject)

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Asokan  P wrote:

pasokan> Hi friends,
pasokan>
pasokan> Some of you may remember my offer to host our (ILUG Chennai) site
pasokan> as soon as I get a Linux server.
pasokan>
pasokan> Now I do have a server, a Cobalt RAQ machine, which is completely
pasokan> mine, - rather our companys - that is running Linux. If I
pasokan> remember right it is RH - MIPS - version, 5.2.
pasokan>

Webserver on Apache?
Natural Choice, I feel.

pasokan> My major objective in writing this mail, is to decide on a name
pasokan> for our own site. I suppose, www.ilugc.org is a reasonable
pasokan> choice. Of course, I dont want to decide unilaterally.
pasokan>

Great !!
The name is apt.

pasokan> If we can all quickly decide on the name, I will book it (Of
pasokan> course I will foot the $70 bill for the same). And also we can
pasokan> crystallize our decisions on who will be the web master etc.,
pasokan>
pasokan> There wiill be no strings attached to this; well except one, I
pasokan> would like the web pages to acknowledge the fact that the space
pasokan> etc., are donated by a company - Open Source Software Support &
pasokan> Services shortened to OS4, domain name www.os4.com.
pasokan>

On the site, we can also have gif's showing 'Powered by Redhat Linux' and