Linux/Penguin T-Shirts

This is hopefully the last time I'm referring to this on the lists in
such detail... The objective of this post to to act as a sort of FAQ
and reduce the volume of mail I'm getting on this subject: since I
posted my original message 3 days ago, I've already got 114 T-shirt

If your questions are still unanswered in this mail, please do send me
a personal mail.

I'm planning to get some Linux/Penguin/Linux-India T-shirts made.
This is not my business, I'm an SGI employee and a software/networking
type person.  I'm doing this to promote Linux and Linux-India and this
is a non-profit project.

The T's will be made of white knit cotton with collars and buttons.
The front will contain the text ``Linux The Choice of a GNU
Generation'' in black split above and below a black and yellow graphic
of Tux, the Linux Penguin.  The back will contain the text
``www.linux-india.org'' in black.  Initially the only sizes available
will be M and XL.  If you want other sizes, I can get them made
specially but the manufacturer will charge extra for small quantities.

A facsimile of the proposed look is available at:

	http://reality.sgi.com/raju/linux-t.gif

Note that the greyscales may not come out OK, so the final product
may look sharper than this graphic.

The price of each T is expected to be around Rs. 125-150.  I've
already got requests for over 100 T's, expect it to grow.  I cannot
pay for shipping, so shipping and handling cost will have to be borne
by the purchaser. There are no demo pieces or shareware versions or
samples or timebombed softwear versions available.

Some people (including me) will be picking up 50 or more T's for
subsequent reselling.  If you want to do this, please let me know
individually.

I request each large city to make a single point of contact who can
collect the cash for all the T's requested in his/her city, send it to
me, receive the shipment and distribute the T's.  This will save
shipping costs, save my time so that I can actually try to earn the
salary that SGI pays me instead of spending 4 hours a day on logistics
of delivery and cash collection, and generally simplify life for
everyone (i.e. me :-) Please organise this amongst yourselves and let
me know who the contact person is.  If you're the only one in your
town, then I'll arrange to send the T's to you directly.

Payment terms are STRICTLY IN ADVANCE.  I CANNOT and WILL NOT pay for
the T's (except the 50 I'm picking up) and expect to collect the cash
later.  Sorry. My liquidity position just doesn't permit it.

If you're an enterpreneur and want to pick up large quantities for
subsequent reselling (at whatever price), please let me know. I don't
care what price you sell them at.  You're still subject to all the
conditions above :-)

I'm going off to Singapore between the 21st and the 30th of this
month.  If things are worked out by then I'll arrange for someone to
collect the cash and ship the T's in my absence.  If things aren't
finalised by then, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until I get back.

Hope this clarifies matters.

Regards,

-- Raju