Re: Debian 2.1

Bobby proclaimed:
> Hello - IIT MDS - This is Bobby from Auroville - (10kms from
> Pondicherry). I have decided to explore Linux and was advised
> by a good friend that Debian is a versatile distribution.

Debian is a good distribution to grow up with.  It is the distribution for
people who do not like too much hand holding.  If you are an absolute
newcomer, I suggest RH 5.X which is more widely available in India.  But if
you have already tested the waters a bit I recommend Debian.

> I want to know if someone has the Debian 2.1 special edition. If yes
> - want to share it with me ? Can someone help. I have tried the gtcdrom
> address - I haven't heard from them. Their site talks about Debian 2.0
> at Rs.2k. Now that is a lot of money for me. I have a CD toaster - so
> if someone has the CD I can make a copy or I am willing to pay the
> cost of making the copies and shipping (?)...

I am willing to order and have the CDs shipped to *one* address in Madras.
Whoever wants a Debian 2.1 CD please stand up ( ie. send me a personal
email) and be heard.

Thaths
--
"Marge, try to understand.  There are two kinds of college students:
jocks and nerds.  As a jock, it is my duty to give the nerds a hard