Re: Any GUI for RCS ?

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Oommen Thomas wrote:

> We were trying to implement RCS for all version control.
> But the problem is the purely command-line interface.
>
> Is there a (preferably MS-Windows based) GUI which will connect to some
> server process doing the version control stuff at the (Linux) server?
> If so, that would be great and will suit even not-so-Linux-literate guys.
>
> Pls note that we need this for production purposes and hence are looking
> for some stable software.
>
> -
> TIA,
> Oommen

I think you'll have better luck looking for a GUI for CVS, which can use
RCS on the server. I was looking 4-5 months ago and didn't see anything
very promising. Good Luck.

If you have some programmers who could help out, writing a Visual Basic
interface to the command line cvs client shouldn't be too bad...I use the
command line version where needed.

Bill Carlson			|	Opinions expressed are my own
KINZE Manufacturing, Inc.	|	not my employer's.